Places of Interest nearby
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Centre William Rappard
- European Free Trade Association
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Palais des Nations
- Geneva International Airport
- Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining
- Lombard Odier & Cie
- Banque cantonale de Genève
Location address: Schweiz, Genf
Number of texts: 1
The Conservatoire de musique de Genève is a music school in Geneva, Switzerland.
Founded by François Bartholoni in 1835. This conservatory is the oldest music education institution in Switzerland and one of the oldest conservatory in Europe. Franz Liszt has taught at this conservatory during the first year of its history. The Geneva International Music Competition was founded in 1939 (the first international competition) in this Conservatory. The Conservatory of music hosts 2 400 non-professional students. From 2009, the professional courses are led by the Geneva University of Music (Haute école de musique de Genève).
Linked themes: Music