Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 2
At the time of opening in 1913, this station was named Danziger Straße. In 1950 the Danziger Straße was renamed Dimitroffstraße after Bulgarian communist party leader Georgi Dimitroff, and the station’s name was changed accordingly. In 1991 it was renamed to Eberswalder Straße, after the westwards continuation of the Dimitroffstraße, which itself was not renamed until 1995 for political reasons: station names were under the control of the city government, whereas street names could only be changed with the cooperation of local districts.