Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Potsdam
Number of texts: 1
The Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg or SPSG, was founded by a treaty of 23 August 1994 between the German federal states of Berlin and Brandenburg as a public foundation following German reunification. The treaty came into force on 1 January 1995. The foundation is separate from the considerably larger Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation .
The SPSG is an amalgamation of the Potsdam-Sanssouci State Palaces and Gardens in the former East Germany and the State Palaces and Gardens Administration in West Berlin that had been formed following the division of Germany. These institutions were formed from the Prussian State Palaces and Gardens Administration that had been founded on 1 April 1927 as a result of the apportionment of assets and liabilities between the House of Hohenzollern and the Prussian state and which was disbanded in 1945.