Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Main-Tauber-Kreis
Number of texts: 1
Dittwar is one of seven districts of Tauberbischofsheim. The other districts are the town of Tauberbischofsheim, as well as Dienstadt, Distelhausen, Dittigheim, Hochhausen and Impfingen. Dittwar was incorporated to Tauberbischofsheim during the local government reform in Baden-Württemberg on January 1, 1975.
Dittwar was first mentioned in 1100 as Ditebure = people / common / usually; bure = farmer / neighbour). The name evolved to Dydebuor in 1343, Dytbuer in 1368, Dietbur in 1371, Dytewure in 1383, Dietwar in 1407, and finally Dittwar in 1615. The first mention Dittwar is related to the donation of the Castrum Dietebure by Count Henricus de Luden to the Prince-Bishop of Würzburg.