Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
Itchen Abbas is mentioned in the Hampshire Folk Song “Avington Pond” as the place where the builders of the pond were paid their wages. They were given their money in the Plough public house. Abbey House, 0.5 miles (800 m) north-east of the village, is a Grade II listed country house of five bays and two stories built in 1693. Originally a rectory, it was altered in the 19th century.