Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
Lindfield is a pretty little village that stands on the upper reaches of the River Ouse. The name ‘Lindfield’ means ‘open land with lime trees.’
The parish Church, All Saints, stands at the top of the High Street and its history goes back to 1098. One of the oldest houses in the village is Church House, formerly known as The Tiger, and still referred to as “The Tiger” by Lindfield residents.