Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Chelmsford
Number of texts: 1
New Hall is a coeducational independent day and boarding school in the village of Boreham within the borough of Chelmsford, Essex, England. It was originally founded in 1642 in Belgium by Sisters of the female Catholic order Canonesses of the Holy Sepulchre and moved to its current location in 1799, a former Tudor Palace of Beaulieu in Essex. The school is now mostly run by lay staff but still retains its Catholic ethos and ties with the local diocese. It is the only independent Catholic school in the Diocese and one of the largest of its kind in the country.