Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Bradford
Number of texts: 1
The history of the church probably dates back to pre-Norman times. It is thought that there might have been a wooden church on this location for many years prior to the Norman conquest, although no records exist. The first records of the church indicate it was rebuilt some time after 1066 by the Lord of the Manor, William Paganel, who gave it, with other possessions of his, to Drax Priory in the time of Archbishop Thurstan (1119–1140).