Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Leeds
Number of texts: 1
St John’s Catholic School for the Deaf is a school for deaf and hearing impaired children in Boston Spa, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Monsignor de Haerne, an influential Belgian priest and senator founded the School at a small house in Handsworth in 1870 with the help from the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. The School was relocated to Boston Spa in 1875. With efforts from the Daughters of Charity, the School has had a Vincentian Family ethos for almost a century and a half. The School will celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2020.