Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, South Cambridgeshire
Number of texts: 1
Murray Edwards College is a women-only constituent college of the University of Cambridge. It was founded as “New Hall” in 1954, and unlike many other colleges, it was founded without a benefactor and did not bear a benefactor’s name. This situation changed in 2008. Following a donation of £30 million by alumna Ros Edwards (née Smith) and her husband Steve Edwards, New Hall was renamed Murray Edwards College, honouring the donors and the first President, Dame Rosemary Murray.