Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, South Kesteven
Number of texts: 1
The Church of St Paul in Stamford, Lincolnshire, was one of the town’s fourteen Medieval parish churches until its deconsecration and extensive demolition during the Reformation when the remaining part became used as the schoolroom of Stamford School. It was then restored and extended in 1929-30 for use as the school chapel in commemoration of those old boys and staff who had died in the First World War. The Medieval remains were the eastern part of the south aisle and adjacent fragments of the nave of the church.