Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Isle of Anglesey
Number of texts: 2
St Mary’s Church, Llanfair-yn-y-Cwmwd is a small medieval parish church near the village of Dwyran, in Anglesey, north Wales. The building probably dates from the 15th century, with some alterations. It contains a 12th-century carved stone font and a 13th-century decorated coffin lid. The bell is inscribed with the year of its casting, 1582. The historian Henry Rowlands was vicar of St Mary’s in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. Maurice Wilks, who invented the Land Rover, is buried in the churchyard.
Picture of St Mary’s Church, Llanfair y Cwmwd Church
Linked groups: Anglesey and NW Wales