Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Italia, Firenze
Number of texts: 1
The Brancacci Chapel (in Italian, “Cappella dei Brancacci”) is a chapel in the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine in Florence, central Italy. It is sometimes called the “Sistine Chapel of the early Renaissance” for its painting cycle, among the most famous and influential of the period. Construction of the chapel was commissioned by Pietro Brancacci and begun in 1386. Public access is currently gained via the neighbouring convent, designed by Brunelleschi. The church and the chapel are treated as separate places to visit and as such have different opening times and it is quite difficult to see the rest of the church from the chapel.