Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Nederland, Friesland
Number of texts: 1
The North Tower is the unofficial name for one of the lighthouses on the Dutch island Schiermonnikoog, one of the Frisian Islands, on the edge of the North Sea; the other is the South Tower. It was built by H.G. Jansen & A. van Rhyn, and was activated in 1854. From the tower, weather reports are issued for the coastal waters. In 1998 it was painted red.