Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Charleston
Number of texts: 2
Castle Pinckney was a small masonry fortification constructed by the United States government by 1810 in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina. It was used very briefly as a prisoner-of-war camp (six weeks) and artillery position during the American Civil War. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.
Castle Pinckney Light is a former lighthouse on Shutes’ Folly Island in Charleston Harbor, Charleston County, South Carolina.