Ruine Pflindsberg


AT |

Public | German

Source: Taranis-iuppiter

Copyright: CC 3.0

Around 1250 Philipp of Spanheim, the Archbishop-elect of Salzburg, occupied the Ausseerland and the Ennstal in Styria. For the coverage of his claim to power he built the small Pflindsberg castle on a hill east of the village Altaussee. 1254 he had to withdrawal and the region returned to Styria. In the following centuries the Pflindsberg castle developed into a regional seignory with the right to hold high justice. It was administered by an official of the styrian Landesfürst. The castle was abandoned in 1755 and already a ruin in 1780.


Copyright: CC 3.0

More information



Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou -