Castle Saalhof is one of the oldest castles in the Pinzgau region. It dates back to the 11th century, when it apparently was the home of the Counts of the region. During the renovation of the facade in 2010, the oldest parts of the castle on the north-east side were revealed. In 1600, Castle Saalhof was extended.
Since 2006 newly renovated apartments within the castle are available. In 2010, the facade was renovated and the old colours from the 17th century have been restored. The Meier’s house on the eastern side was earlier the dwelling of the curator , farm labourers and servants. The date in the roof ridge - the year of construction - is 1686. In 1814 the Meier’s house was used as a school for Maishofen. The castle and Meier’s house are private buildings.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Zell am See, Austria
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com