Places of Interest nearby
Location address: 5300, Andenne, Sterpisse
Number of texts: 1
The farm of “Dhuy” (Bonneville)
This pretty farm numbers among the oldest buildings in the village. It was initially dependent on the Abbey of Cornelimunster and then became the property of the Counts of Namur, from the branch of the lords of Dhuy and Flostoy. This remarkable quadrilateral groups brick and limestone buildings from the 16th and 18th centuries around a paved courtyard. A superb stone, dating from 1587, can be seen above the door of the main building. It bears the coat of arms of the families of Namur and Rowier. Between the entry porch and the end of the main building, visitors should not fail to admire a delightful chained door set within a basket-handle arch dating from 1622, which protects a “bartizan” on a quarter-round corbel.