Surrounded by a walled cemetery, the building is made up of a Romanesque tower built from limestone rubble. It was extended by a nave and a Gothic chancel in the 18th century, both in limestone and sandstone. The tower has an 18th century doorway, as does the wall that delineates the cemetery. The tower features a tall octagonal spire that was rebuilt in 1960 after a fire. Dating from the 18th century, the three-bay nave uses recycled materials from the 16th or 17th centuries for its base. Finally, the 13th or 14th century chancel is distinctive for the presence of buttresses that punctuate the five sides of the chevet, as do the tall, narrow windows. A sacristy built from limestone rubble opens into the south face of the chancel. Inside, the apse is decorated by mural paintings from the 15th century and the ceiling of the nave dates from the middle of the 18th century. The furnishings include numerous pieces from the 15th to the 18th centuries.
Building listed on 1st August 1933
Copyright: All rights reserved