The chapel, originally dedicated to Our Lady, was erected in 1663 and replaced a small wooden chapel from 1641. It was a Gothic hall church with a rectangular floor plan and three-sided choir closure. In 1748 the chapel was rebuilt. Since 1949 the chapel was used as an emergency church, which was enlarged on the west side in the same year. Here the original west façade was demolished.
When the Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Bijstandkerk was inaugurated in 1953, the chapel was abandoned and it fell into ruin. The ruin was preserved as such in 2000, and it is located on a triangular square.
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com