was the driving force behind its construction at the end of the 18th century. To the left, the Oriental-style
tower, built in the 19th century. The cast iron masks on the lintels of
windows, the balcony, the clock, and the flower basket connected to the two cherubs by garlands were
commissioned by Count Mizaël Le Mesre De Pas in 1896 to commemorate the anniversary of
Saint Lambert, to whom the parish church is consecrated. The château has belonged to a number of families:
Dewar, Lahaut, Quecq d’Henripret and Le Mesre De Pas.
In 1955, Bas-Oha local authority moved its council buildings and two classrooms there.
In 1991, the château underwent significant refurbishment works. In the flower basket, the workers found a 5 centimes coin left by craftsmen
when the cherubs were added, inviting whoever found the coin
to go drink to their healths. Today, the château owes its name to
the “horloge” (clock) above the balcony and entrance.
Since 1993, Château à l’Horloge has been home to Wanze public library. It also hosts
civil marriages. The ornamental park includes a cedar of Lebanon, an ash leaf maple
and a cut-leaf beech.
In 1995, a stele was erected in memory of the 50th anniversary of the liberation
of the concentration camps.