in Antheit, in Belgium. Today, it is located in the Province of Liège.
Before the Abbey was built, the area was the site of a very active lazaretto in the 7th century.
A religious community arrived in 1180, before a church was built in
1218. The monastery grew throughout the 13th century, but after a period of decline and wars, then after the French revolution,
it was sold. The beautiful
remains of the old abbey house have been converted into student halls.