Fédération du Tourisme de la province de Liège

Fédération du Tourisme de la province de Liège

HomeRoutesRoute plannerPlaces of interest

The Anglican Park


BE |

Public | DutchFrenchGerman

Source: Tourisme Liége

A long history links Spa to the English. They were amongst the first to appreciate the mineral waters of Spa. The popularisation of the term «Spa» is attributed to two English researchers William Paddy and Richard Andrews, who, after having studied the virtues of the ferruginous waters, encouraged the use of the word in England. They gave the name «Spa» to English springs and thus was born the authenti’city: Spa. The English colony became very important in Spa. An Anglican church was built in 1876. The park was refurbished a long time after the church had disappeared. A statue of André Posel reminds us of the existence of this remarkable building. This park is on the Boulevard des Anglais, at the entrance to the city.

-Built heritage
-Park and garden

Source: Tourisme Liége

More information


Boulevard des Anglais, Spa

More about this place of interest


Routes nearby

Related channels

© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com