Barker Field

Airport

CA |

Public

Source: Lencer

Copyright: CC 3.0

Opened in 1927, it was a civilian and privately owned airfield for the early era of flying in Canada and was named after William George Barker, a First World War fighter ace and Victoria Cross recipient. It remained in use until 1953. The area (northwest corner of Lawrence Avenue West and Dufferin Street) has since been re-developed as a commercial site (auto dealership, gas station and other businesses).

Source: Wikipedia.org

Copyright: CC 3.0

More information

Address

Canada

Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com