The Temple Building was a 12-storey, 36.93 m (121.2 ft) highrise erected at 62 Richmond Street West and Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario. Regarded as one of the city's first skyscrapers, it was completed in 1896 to house the world headquarters of the Independent Order of Foresters, which was a friendly society that acted as both a fraternal order and an important financial institution. The IOF was then run by the energetic Oronhyatekha who commissioned the grand structure. It was designed by George W. Gouinlock.
Copyright: CC 3.0