Laurentian High School is a former Ottawa high school. It was located on Baseline Rd. at the corner of Clyde, in the city's West End. The school opened in 1958. It was built at the same time as Rideau High School and Ridgemont High School and has the same base design. Laurentian's students came from two distinct areas: to the west, the middle-class neighbourhoods of Bel-Air Heights and Copeland Park, bounded by the Queensway, Woodroffe Ave, Baseline Rd and Clyde Ave; and to the south and east, the blue-collar and social housing neighbourhoods of Carlington: Caldwell, Morrisset, Trenton and surrounding streets. Over time, Laurentian expanded twice, bringing its capacity to 1,143 students.
Copyright: CC 3.0