Public | French
Mount Royal was founded in 1910 as a primary and secondary school. Mount Royal became a post-secondary institution in 1931 as Mount Royal Junior College offering transfer courses to the University of Alberta and later to the University of Calgary . A war memorial honour roll is dedicated to Mount Royal alumni who have volunteered for active service in the Canadian Forces.
In 1970, Mount Royal launched their Aviation diploma program – one of the first aviation programs to integrate an academic diploma program and flight training. In 1972 Mount Royal moved from several buildings in downtown Calgary to a new campus at Lincoln Park on the south west section of the city – a former airforce base.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com