The Boathouse, located at 116 Gordon Street, Guelph, Ontario, is a single-story wood frame recreational facility that was constructed beside Speed River around 1930. It was built for Edward Johnson, a well-known opera singer. Since its construction, the Boathouse has been used not only to shelter boats, but it has also served as a concession stand, a dance hall, and a Navy Cadet Headquarters. Currently, for more than 130 years, the Boathouse has been used as a primary venue for aquatic recreation in Guelph.
Copyright: CC 3.0