Yorkville Town Hall was the municipal building for the Town of Yorkville before annexation into the City of Toronto. Built in 1859-1860 by architect William Hay and his apprentice Henry Langley, the 3 storey building served as an omnibus stop. Located north of Bloor on Yonge Street, it was demolished and parts of the building re-used in a nearby fire hall. The town hall site is now home to a condo (and across the street from the Toronto Reference Library). It is located at 34 Yorkville Avenue and has been historically protected by the City of Toronto, after being designated as a heritage property on the City of Toronto Heritage Property Inventory on June 20, 1973.
Copyright: CC 3.0