Egliswil is a municipality and village in the district of Lenzburg in the canton of Aargau in Switzerland.
It appears that there was a Roman estate in Egliswil, though the only archeological evidence is a single Roman era grave. The modern village of Egliswil is first mentioned in 924 as Egirichiswilare. In 1331 the Habsburgs pledged the low justice rights to the Lords of Hallwyl. They merged Egliswil into the court of Hallwil. In 1677 they raised the, now much larger, village into its own independent court. The Untervogtei was placed in the Haus zum Sonnenberg a stone building from 1694.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Seengen, Lenzburg, Switzerland
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com