Places of Interest nearby
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Centre William Rappard
- European Free Trade Association
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Geneva International Airport
- Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining
- Banque cantonale de Genève
- Lombard Odier & Cie
- Palais Wilson
Location address: Schweiz, Genf, Genf
Number of texts: 2
The Palace of Nations (French: Palais des Nations ) in Geneva, Switzerland, was built between 1929 and 1936 to serve as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office at Geneva since 1946 when the Secretary General of the UN signed a Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a member of the UN until 2002.
The Palais des Nations in Geneva has been the official European headquarters of the United Nations since 1966.