Public | German
In 1999 the municipality was merged with the neighboring municipality Basadingen to form a new and larger municipality Basadingen-Schlattingen.
It was first mentioned in 897 as Slattingarro. Finds from the Paleolithic and Roman era indicate that there were earlier settlements in the area. In the Middle Ages the monasteries of St. Gallen, Münsterlingen, St. Katharinental and Wagenhausen all held property and rights in Schlattingen. The town of Diessenhofen held the low justice rights from 1489 to 1798 and the high justice rights after 1460.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com