Mogno is a village in Vallemaggia District in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland. Mogno is situated near the top of Val Lavizzara, a valley through which the upper Maggia river flows. Formerly part of the municipality of Fusio, which merged with adjoining municipalities in 2004 to form the new municipality of Lavizzara.
In the 17th Century it possessed 50 taxable fireplaces. By 1801, the population had dropped to just 40 inhabitants. Today it is no longer inhabited all year round and serves only as a holiday village. Before Mogno was incorporated in 1936 into Fusio it was part of Peccia, and the land around the settlement was shared between Fusio, Peccia, Prato and Sornica.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com