Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Erzgebirgskreis, Annaberg-Buchholz
Number of texts: 1
St. Anne’s Church (German: St.-Annen-Kirche) in Annaberg-Buchholz, German Free State of Saxony, is a hall church whose architectural style is on the boundary between the Late Gothic and Renaissance. With a length of 65 metres and width of 40 metres, it is the largest, true hall church of the Late Gothic in Saxony. Its tower is 78 metres high, the interior of the church 28 metres high. It is the emblem of the town and visible from a long way off. Saint Anne’s was originally built in 1499 as a Roman Catholic church, but became Evangelical-Lutheran in 1539.