The Old Tivoli in Aachen, Germany, was the stadium of Aachen's best known football team Alemannia Aachen until 2009.
In 1908, the city of Aachen leased the area of the old manor Tivoli to the club, named after the inn Gut Tivoli which was located there since the 19th century, in turn taking its name from the town of Tivoli in central Italy. The club later built a football ground there. In 1925 more land was added to the lease, and the construction of the stadium was started. Inaugurated on 3 June 1928 it had a capacity of 11,000.
Copyright: CC 3.0