Palais Schaumburg is a neoclassical-style building in Bonn, Germany, which served as the primary official seat of the German Federal Chancellery and the primary official residence of the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany from 1949 until 1976. As the headquarters of the Federal Chancellery, it was simply known as the House of the Federal Chancellor . Since 2001, Palais Schaumburg has served as the secondary official seat of the German Federal Chancellery and the secondary official residence of the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The late neoclassical palais was built between 1858 and 1860 for the cloth manufacturer Wilhelm Loeschigk. Bought by Prince Adolf of Schaumburg-Lippe, it was enlarged during the following years. On January 31, 1939, the army bought the palace from Ernst Wolrad, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe.
Copyright: CC 3.0