Places of Interest nearby
- Münster Freiburg
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- International Moss Stock Center
- Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE
- Protestant University for Applied Sciences Freiburg
- Fraunhofer Institute for High-Speed Dynamics
- Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics
- University of Freiburg Faculty of Theology
Location address: Deutschland, Freiburg im Breisgau
Number of texts: 2
The Schlossbergbahn (English: Castle Hill Railway) is a funicular railway in the town of Freiburg im Breisgau in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It links the city centre with the Schlossberg hill.
The Schlossberg (Fortified Castle) is a tree-covered hill of 456 metres (1,496 ft) located in the area of the city of Freiburg im Breisgau. It is directly to the east of Freiburg’s Old Town and belongs to the Black Forest. The main geological fault is at the western edge of the Schlossberg towards the Upper Rhine Graben.