Ohlsdorf is a railway station in Hamburg, Germany, located at the junction of the Hamburg-Altona link line with the Alster Valley line and the Hamburg Airport line near the Ohlsdorf Cemetery.
On 6 December 1906, the Hamburg-Altonaer Stadt- und Vorortbahn — later abbreviated Hamburg S-Bahn — opened the double track Ohlsdorf–Blankenese line. Planned as an electric railway with overhead lines, the trains were first steam powered, because of difficulties concerning the construction of the electrical installations and a delay delivering the engines. Overhead lines were completed by 1 October 1907, however, electric operation only started on 29 January 1908.
Copyright: CC 3.0