The Zarow is a river in Western Pomerania, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. The ditches of the Friedländer Große Wiese dispatch to two main ditches, merging at Ferdinandshof, from where the river is called Zarow. The Zarow the flows through the Ueckermünder Heide ("Ueckermünde heath") and after 16 kilometers reaches the Oder Lagoon near Grambin, some kilometers west of the mouth of the Uecker. The Zarow area became meliorated and settled in 1730, when it became part of Prussian Pomerania.
Copyright: CC 3.0