Studentendorf Schlachtensee (Schlachtensee Student Village) is a student accommodation complex located in south-west Berlin, in the Schlachtensee area of the Steglitz-Zehlendorf borough of the city. It was constructed between 1959 and 1964 to provide accommodation to student of the new Free University of Berlin, and was opened in 1959 by Willy Brandt, Mayor of West Berlin. The project was financed through a gift from the United States government. It is now recognised by the German government as a National Cultural Monument.
Copyright: CC 3.0