Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Berlin
Number of texts: 2
Bernauer Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U8. Built by the subway architect A. Grenander in 1930 this station was a station of the GN Bahn (Gesundbrunnen-Neukölln) of line D. In April 1945 it was closed due to World War II. Opened again in May 1945 until building of the Berlin wall on 13 August 1961. The entrance on the south (East Germany side) was closed. Trains from western Berlin passed the station without stopping. It was opened again in 1990 when Germany was united.
Bernauer Straße is a street of Berlin situated between the localities of Gesundbrunnen and Mitte, today both belonging to the Mitte borough. It runs from the Mauerpark at the corner of Prenzlauer Berg to the Nordbahnhof. The street’s name refers to the town of Bernau bei Berlin, situated in Brandenburg.