Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Mannheim
Number of texts: 1
The Mannheim Palace Church (German: Mannheimer Schlosskirche), founded as a court chapel, was built in the 18th century and is part of the Mannheim Palace. The church served as court chapel for the prince-electors of the Electorate of the Palatinate between 1731 and 1777 and belongs to the oldest parish churches of the Old Catholic diocese in Germany.
The organ was built by the company Steinmeyer (Oettingen) in 1956 and is a musical keyboard instrument with 34 organ stops (3 transmissions in the pedal) and an electro-pneumatic tracker (Taschenladen). At the balustrade is the Rückpositiv located that carries ornaments with the seal of Charles Philip III .