The Predigtstuhl Cable Car has been in operation since 1928 and is the oldest large-cabin cable car in world.
The cable car began operations on 1 July 1928, after only a year's construction. The production of the cables was assigned to the Westphalian Wire Industry . The two cars were manufactured by the company of Bleichert-Zuegg, based out of Leipzig. The building of the three pylons, at heights of 22, 32 and 9 metres was contracted to Hochtief AG, from Munich.
Copyright: CC 3.0