Kaiserdamm is a 50m wide road, that runs for 1,680 metres between Sophie-Charlotte-Platz in the east to Theodor-Heuss-Platz in the west. It forms a westward continuation of Bismarckstraße, Straße des 17. Juni and the Unter den Linden boulevard.
Originally an unpaved track, the road was inaugaurated at the behest of Wilhelm II , and opened to traffic in 1906. The road was rebuilt in 1939 as part of the East-West Axis of the planned Welthauptstadt Germania, and much of the road as it is today dates from this time.
Copyright: CC 3.0