The monastery, dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul, was founded in c. 1100 by Count Frederick of Bogen, a Vogt of Regensburg cathedral. After a serious fire in 1245 the premises were re-constructed under abbots Heimo and Purchard . Under abbot Friedrich II the abbey was fortified. The church was extensively altered in the time of abbot Johann II Asperger . The mediaeval monastery complex was modernised by abbot Veit Höser , which was followed by a total baroque refurbishment under abbots Roman Denis , Benedikt Resch and Ignatz Scherlin .
The abbey was dissolved in 1803 during the secularisation of Bavaria, and the monastery buildings were disposed of. Accommodation for the local priest and a servant were set up in part of them.
Copyright: CC 3.0