Ehrenburg Palace is a palace in Coburg, Franconia, Germany. It served as the main Coburg residence for the ruling princes from the 1540s until 1918. The palace's exterior today mostly reflects Gothic Revival style.
The palace was built by Johann Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Coburg, in 1543-7. It replaced the Veste Coburg as the dukes' town Residenz. The new town palace was built around a Franciscan monastery dissolved during Reformation. According to tradition, the palace was named Ehrenburg by Emperor Charles V for having been constructed without the use of forced labour.
Copyright: CC 3.0