Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Coburg
Number of texts: 1
The Rose Garden is a park in Coburg, Bavaria, Germany, located between the Ketschentor and the Angerturnhalle .
Originally the area was a field called the Zollbauernwiese. The town of Coburg bought it in 1846. In 1906, the Sintflutbrunnen was built by Ferdinand Lepcke to the south. This was a gift by the people of Coburg to their duke, Karl Eduard. The Rose Garden itself was created in 1929, when the “German Rose Revue” took place here and attracted 200,000 visitors.