The church St. Johannis in Ansbach, Middle Franconia, Germany, is a Lutheran parish church and a concert venue of the Bachwoche Ansbach.
The parish was first mentioned in documents in 1139. It was given by the Bishop of Würzburg to St. Gumbertus. Construction began in the second decade of the 15th century. The church has three aisles, the nave was completed in 1435. The two towers of different height and roofing are probably from the same period, typical of Ansbach. The church built in Gothic architecture has two “unequal towers”, as is common in churches in Ansbach. The construction of the choir began in 1441. The nave is connected with the choir to a spatial unit. The northern long side faces the market. The church is built of sandstone.
Copyright: CC 3.0