Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Passau
Number of texts: 1
St. Michael’s Church is a 17th church in Passau, Bavaria, Germany with later additions in the baroque style. It is attached to the Leopoldinum School, Passau.
Passau was once the capital of a prince-bishopric covering 24 square miles with 60,000 people. The Jesuits were brought to Passau in 1611 by Prince Bishop Leopold V, Archduke of Further Austria. They established a college, designed by the priest Johannes Isfording from Molsheim, Alsace, which provided secondary education and also served as the seminary for the diocese until 1766.