Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Passau
Number of texts: 1
Throughout its existence, the club played on a number of occasions in the tier-three Bayernliga. It also reached the first round of the national German Cup once.
The club was formed in 1911, under the name of FC Passau. It came into existence when the football department of local TV Passau, formed in 1862, left the club to go its own way. In its early days, the football club, like so many others in Germany at the time, suffered under the lack of a playing field. FCP was lucky enough to convince the commander of the Bavarian 16th Infantry Regiment, based in the city, to let them use their training ground. The club became virtually defunct during and after the First World War, becoming nothing more than the football department of TV Passau once more again after the war. It only resurfaced in 1924. In 1951, the club changed its name to 1. FC Passau.